It Is Well

In 30 days, I begin a new adventure in the Midwest. I’m beginning to realize how much I still have to prepare before I move 2,000 miles away. I need to buy school supplies, print Pinterest quotes and pictures of my friends so my dorm room can look awesome, figure out how I want to arrange my dorm room, order warm clothes, and much more.

In the midst of all this craziness, I’ve been spending time with my closest friends, my family, and learning that Jesus is by my side and will guide me through the new adventures that lie ahead. He is the only one that will be with me as I pack, say goodbye to my family and friends, fly to Michigan, meet the people that will become my friends, and He will be with me as I live my life as a college student. In church today, we sang “It Is Well” sung by Kristene Dimarco (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNqo4Un2uZI). This song is one of my favorites right now and is a great reminder that Jesus is with us at all times. When we are focused on Him, all is well. I don’t need to be worried about anything that lies in front of me. I don’t need to worry about meeting new people, leaving my family, or starting college. By putting my trust in Him, I can live my life knowing that I have nothing to fear. 

The upcoming months will be a change from everything I’ve ever known, but I know that it is well because Jesus is forever by my side.

I’ve decided to start a blog so that I can keep my family and friends in California updated on my Midwest adventures. I am so excited to begin this new chapter of my life but I will miss the sunny state of California and all the dear people living in it.

I’m not promising that I’ll be posting here every day, or even every week, but I’ll try to post every now and then so you can take a peek into my Michigan life.

Stick around for the next four years so you can follow my adventures from Cali to Calvin.

I might even tell some funny stories. It’ll be a good read, I promise. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advice to Freshmen

Top 10 Reasons I love Calvin

What Young Women living in the 21st Century need to know